Getting Right to the Heart to Help You!
What is Cardiac Rehab?
The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at Weirton Medical Center is a medically-supervised program aimed at improving cardiovascular health for those recovering from:
- A heart attack
- Heart conditions, such as coronary artery disease (CAD), angina or heart failure
- Heart procedure or surgery, including coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), including coronary angioplasty (balloon angioplasty) and stenting or valve replacement.
How Does the Cardiac Rehab Program Work?
Each participant will receive a customized plan of care.
- You and your doctor will receive up-to-date progress reports regularly.
- We will provide exercise counseling and training to help get you more physically active.
- We will help you implement healthy lifestyle habits, learn how to take care of yourself, reduce stress, cope with emotions and eliminate any key risk factors such as smoking.
- We will help you manage your medications while providing education on how to live heart-healthy.
Cardiac Rehab Goals for You
Regain control of your health and improve your heart's future by:
- Lowering your risk of a future cardiac event
- Focusing on healthy lifestyle habits
- Returning to work
- Better engagement in daily activities
For more information on the Cardiac Rehab program at Weirton Medical Center, contact us today at (304) 914-4426.