RULES GOVERNING OPEN MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER INC.
- It shall be the continuing policy of Weirton Medical Center, Inc. to comply with the applicable sections of the West Virginia Code regarding the conduct of meetings.
- The regular meetings of the Board of Trustees will normally be held on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Notice of the time and place of meetings of the Board of Trustees are public information and shall be placed with the media at least ten (10) days in advance of meetings, or posted at the hospital in a conspicuous location, and posted on the hospital’s website.
- Special meetings of the Board may be called for specific purposes, the date, time, place and purpose of each special meeting shall be made available to the public by posting in a conspicuous location in the hospital and posting on the hospital’s website. To the extent possible, the hospital shall give five (5) days prior notice of such special meeting by placing the notice with the media.
- All members of the public in attendance at a meeting are considered as guests of the Board of Trustees. However, as guests, they are not entitled to interrupt to address the meeting and are deemed to be interested spectators only. Should a guest interrupt a meeting or cause any disturbance, the offending guest will be requested to leave the meeting room immediately and in the event of a refusal to comply with the request may be forcibly removed. No compromise in the orderly conduct of the meeting will be tolerated. Television, camera, tape recorders, cell phones and any similar recording or video recorders are not permitted. All guests must agree to appropriate security checks.
- Guests will be seated in the meeting room to the extent possible. If sufficient seating for guests is not available, the meeting may be adjourned to larger quarters if available, or the guests may be inconvenienced by being required to stand during the meeting. Guests will be given an opportunity to address the governing body at the conclusion of the meeting. Guests desiring to address the Board shall register with the Secretary prior to the commencement of each meeting. The Board reserves the right to limit the number and length of time that guests may address the Board.
- The Board will not normally address questions which are presented at the meetings. Individuals with questions should direct the same to the Board in writing and the Administrator and/or Board will attempt to respond to the extent appropriate in writing.
- The minutes of all meetings of the Board of Trustees shall be transcribed as soon as possible. After the minutes have been approved by the Board of Trustees, they shall be filed in the Office of the President/CEO, or his designee, where the minutes shall be available for inspection during regular business hours by any member of the public. Copies of requested minutes shall be provided at a cost consistent with the current rate charged by the Medical Records Department.
- At any time during the course of a meeting of the Board of Trustees if a matter shall arise which, in the opinion of the Chairman or other presiding officer, presents a matter subject to the exceptions of West Virginia Code, Chapter 16, article 5(g), Section 4 or Chapter 30, Article 3 (c), Section 1, et. seq. upon a majority affirmative vote of the members present of the governing body, an Executive Session may be held.
All meetings are held in the Medical Office Building Board Room
Board of Trustee Meetings
Due to Covid-19, meetings will be conducted electronically until further notice.
No in-person attendance.
All meetings at 4:00 PM unless otherwise indicated
|Tuesday, January 26, 2021|
|Tuesday, February 23, 2021|
|Tuesday, March 30, 2021|
|Tuesday, April 27, 2021|
|Tuesday, May 25, 2021|
|Tuesday, June 22, 2021|
|Tuesday, July 27, 2021|
|Tuesday, August 24, 2021|
|Tuesday, September 28, 2021|
|Tuesday, October 26, 2021|
|Tuesday, December 14, 2021|